1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wishing for one more couple hour slushy storm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I know we are as sick and tired of snow, cold and crap weather as everyone else but I need to unload about 4 tons of salt. Tried selling it to a couple guys who have dedicated salt bins but both had about 20 tons left themselves.

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I feel for you, I just donated our last couple tons to the city where i live. We are going to concrete our salt shed this spring, or I would have saved it. Now it will snow for sure!

Bossman

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I got about 6k in salt still sitting on the ground. I'm not really sure what I'll do with it, maybe put it in a couple sea boxes for the summer.

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I could have used that up here...just got over 10" of the heavy wet crap.......

5. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

They've called for small wet storms the last two days and I'm wanting to empty out container too. But then again, I could plow all year long. Love that white money.

6. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Kinda glad the last one missed us...I wanted to plow and I got up early and did my site check but was coughing and had no energy, went home and slept til 130. Didn't get sick all winter...til now.