1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wish me luck andy tips??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by White Oak, Nov 27, 2004.

1. White Oak

White Oak Member

Just bought a 1989 chevrolet 2500 with 96,000. It was owned by a mechanic and has a 7'6" meyer. Got his accounts plus 15 I hustled myself from a mailing to my existing lawn customers. In total 30 residential and four very small lots. Any advice?? Would love to hear comments about the truck. Runs and drives great, New Radiator, door pins, front tires, interior/cosmetics need alittle help anyone know where I can get part such as a seat, door arm rest, dash fuse panel cover ETC. One more question anyone know of a chevy website like TDR or the diesel stop that I visit now?

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

3. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Where are you in NY? I have a link for a u-pick salvage yard near Binghampton with very good prices if you're interested.

Jeff Pierce

4. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

It should be a good truck.I also have an 89 3/4 ton Chevy.Mine is a 350 with a four spd. I have an 8' fisher on mine with a buyers spreader on the back. I wish the front ends on the chevys were a little more stout.I cranked my front suspension up about all I dare. Even with the timbrens,the 8' fisher is more than enough for the front end. It really has been a good truck though,with almost no repairs.As has been said,you should be able to find almost any part you need at your local salvage yard.Have a great season!