1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wish I was in Bangor, Maine right now

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ty27, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Just saw on the news that parts of the Northeast are under a winter storm warning with about 6-12" coming their way. I know that's not much for there but here it would be a miracle right now. I hope February gives everyone a little more action. Anyway hopefully everyone in the northeast stays safe the next few days out pushing and nothing goes wrong!

2. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

NWS has us in western MD under a winter storm warning for 8" some local weather morons are saying over a foot by Monday evening. It just started snowing at the house hope it snows for a week. I'm sure you guys will catch up!!!

3. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Sure hope so! I've seen an inch of snow in May here so not to worried about it, just wanna put our new plows to work! I don't like seeing plows that don't have scratches lol

4. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I would kill for even 5". i wanna plow!

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All snow is overrated.

6. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

Its about time we finally get some snow. The plow has seen more rust than snow this season.

7. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Bahahahahaha

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Not if it's under an inch. Then I can salt it away.

9. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

Wish I had a new plow to get scratches on it lol. Maybe next year

10. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

We have had a pretty slow winter actually. I've only done my whole route twice. Bangor is 2 hours.north of me they haven't had much more

11. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Oh another thing... I saw geese flying NORTH today!!!! What is that message?!

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They're Canadian?

13. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

They probably didn't like all the snow Texas got...

14. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I fully and wholeheartedly agree with this.

15. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Blizzard conditions coming for most of Connecticut, RI, Mass and southern NH. 12 TO 18.

16. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Jeez hope everything goes well up there

17. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

So I guess that last storm was just an appateizer? Now you getting the main course?
    Jeez I am legitimately jealous

18. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Anybody who says something like that has never been through a big snow event like this. Anyone who is jealous of something like that is dumb. Trust me, you DONT want to deal with it.

19. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Yeah I was just kidding, I know it wouldn't be great at all like every one is saying, they'd rather have small storms rather than one big one. Sorry for that if it sounded bad or mean etc

20. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

It's just the lack of snow here this winter that makes me feel sick to my stomach. and your right, you guys are getting our whole seasons worth of snow in one storm, I would agree it would suck. A couple years ago we had 2 storms right in the same week that dumped a foot each storm and that was terrible for here and you guys are getting that over one storm.