1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wisconsins first snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Labratz, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

wisconsins first snow fall was 16 in a half inchs of wet packy snow fun fun for the tum tum
    sorry bout the date its not set right on cam it was dec 8 thru the 9 2009

[​IMG]

Picture 258.jpg

Picture 258.jpg

Picture 261.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

for got the silly rig sorry bout the date its not set right on cam it was dec 8 thru the 9 2009

Picture 259.jpg

Picture 259.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

lucky! here in kenosha wisconsin we got like 3 inches and some rain for that storm.

4. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Got about 4-6" of wet slushy rain/snow mix in Glendale/ Wauwatosa. Stuff cost me a front drive shaft.

5. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Up here in Dunbar we had 16" of lighter, fairly dry snow. Blowing like mad though during the storm. I was the fill in driver in the loader for 7 hours, that was enough. I gained a sore back out of the deal. Had to fix a steering box seal on my own plow truck.

6. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

I had 11" of snow with 23" drifts in north central Wisconsin between Merrill and Medford.

[​IMG]

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know exactly how much we had. But we had a lot, and I was out for 29 hours. It was wet and heavy. Probably the worst storm I ever plowed in. The Ford's held up great though. We only broke 1 snowblower.

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Brant, I heard that WB & the madison area where "tops" in the state @ 17-18".

About 12" here closer to the lake.

9. Newfie Ranger

Newfie Ranger Member

Nice pics. We had the same last Sunday. Lots of fun to get out there again.

10. Labratz

Labratz Junior Member

lol went to play in my parents parking lot behind there house and ohh no the 4 wheel drive dont work i think it might be froozen up lol i gotta get it in shop for we got more snow cumming for monday

11. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Hopefully that wont cost you an arm and a leg

12. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures!

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics, congrats:drinkup:

14. The Plow King

The Plow King Junior Member

Madison, WI

We got 14.1" here officially.

2plow09.jpg

1plow09.jpg

15. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

Plow King is that a 1500? If so how does it do Im thinking about hanging a boss 7'6 on my z71 tahoe.

16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I definitely would not doubt it. It was a pretty intense storm. How did it go by you?

17. The Plow King

The Plow King Junior Member

Sierra 1/2 ton

Yep, 99 Sierra 1/2 ton.

I like it a lot since I do some tight parking lots and it's a nice short truck. I've had some problems but no more than most other plow trucks.

Gotta take it easy though since it's only a 1/2 ton. I plowed through the storm and never had to push more than 5-6" at one time.

5plow09.jpg

3plow09.jpg

4plow09.jpg

18. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

ya I here ya haha.

19. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

It actually went pretty well considering we had 12" of lead snow. A few break downs, but we still got the lots covered. It helped that quite a few of our accounts are close to the lake, where the snow switched to rain ~ 5-6 AM.