1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Italiano67, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I see most other locales have a thread so why not WI?:)

2. nh785

nh785 Member

i didn't think you guys could read.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

you need to look a little harder italiano

4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Ouch! Especially coming from Kentucky. That is where the toothbrush was invented. Anywhere else it would have been a teeth brush.;)

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry, I should correct myself, there is a "southeastern" wisconsin thread, where everyone seems to contribute, I forgot there were other parts of the state....there is also wisconsin in networking

6. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

It's about time we have a posting from Wisconsin, I thought about starting one but haven't. It's great to see someone from NE Wisconsin. Do you think we will get snow for Thu-Fri or will we get rain, I'm hoping for snow, I'll just have to bring the family with me to open up presents in the truck. lol

7. Should re-name the thread NE Wisconsin ha, we have a Southeast Wisconsin thread. Sounds like you guys might be getting more snow that we will down here, looking more and more like a salting event but who knows.

8. nh785

nh785 Member

yep I got a tooth brush and a wife/sister who reads and responds on here for me

9. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

IMy guess is we'll get mainly snow with a little sleet etc. Probably not as much snow as originally thought. Probably go through a lot of sidewalk salt and lot salt after the wet stuff is cleared and the temp drops.

10. rdbpower

rdbpower Junior Member

They are saying anywhere from a foot to sixteen inches here in Eau Claire area? Probably get 4 inches.

11. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i'm a long way from you guys but our local weather says you guys may get hammered...good luck

12. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

sounds like sleet, freezing rain Wed night, all rain Thursday, changing to light snow on Fri, Sat. here in SE WI. Damn rain sucks

13. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I am south of Antigo. The weather stations do not want to give us much info about the storm coming, because they do not know anything yet...lol. I gotta get me one of those jobs. Anyways, they are undecided on if or how much rain mixed in with snow. Could be a nasty wet heavy snow for me to plow.

Matt

14. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

I just watched ch 11 and he said 4 to 8 inches but last computer models have pushed it down to 4 to 6. I'll take it since you poor guys down south and not very far from me are just getting rain, Guess we got lucky. I do hope It moves south for all of us though.

15. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I used to watch 11, but since the digital tv thing, I cannot pull that channel in. But channel 7 in Wausau would not even give any idea of an amount yet. So if they are forecasting 4-8 or 4-6 by you, then I can definately count on plowing a good amount of snow. So thanks for the update from channel 11. I appreciate it.

Matt

16. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Our local station is puting us at 12" and a band of 12-16" just east of here.

17. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Alot of uncertainty here yet especially if it tracks east at all we will get whacked pretty hard again. one thing with this storm is that is is supposed to last even until sunday with light snow. I guess I will be catnapping in the truck again.

18. MattR

MattR Senior Member

At noon they (Wausau station) said 3-5' and I was at the low edge of that, now 10:00 news shows 4-6' and now I am in the center of that amount range. So I am guessing the total amount I get will continue to increase. I am hoping that the rain goes someplace else. I would rather plow 12" of normal snow than 4 inches of wet heavy stuff.

If you are hoping for big amounts of snow, I hope your wish comes true. I am hoping I get nailed here too.

Matt

19. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

currently under a blizzard warning here next to the lake. 12-20" of wet blowing/drifting snow. I'd rather not see that much wet snow. With the wind, those drifts turn to concrete fast.

20. Well hope you guys are safe and can get that snow moved and get some time with family. Hope you dont get that much, but enough to make a good amount and not break anything. Merry Christmas