1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin up coming 6 to 10in

Discussion in 'Weather' started by WesternproGMC, Feb 19, 2011.

1. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE SUNDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREEN BAY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE SUNDAY NIGHT.

* TIMING: SNOW WILL ARRIVE IN CENTRAL AND NORTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN BY SUNDAY MORNING...AND REACH EAST CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST WISCONSIN BY MIDDAY.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION/PRECIP TYPE: SIX TO TEN INCHES OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

* MAIN IMPACT: TRAVEL BY CAR OR TRUCK WILL BECOME VERY DIFFICULT BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON ACROSS THE REGION. THERE MAY BE CONSIDERABLE AIR TRAVEL DISRUPTION AS WELL.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

Bring on the SNOW payup

400x266_02182027_snowmap.jpg

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Should be fun. The first storm of the year was a killer with the wind. I am hoping this one isnt quite as bad. At least it is on a weekend.

3. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Bring it on. I love a good storm. It's about time NE WI sees a good push since Illinois hogged all the big ones this winter. HAHA. I just hope it's not as wet and hard as there talking. I don't like plow busters but i'll take it.

4. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

i second thatThumbs Up... the first storm i was on the north side of town and i couldn't even see the plow on the truck it was blowing that bad

5. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

Just check the national weather service this is the updated info
    ------now where are up to 8 to 13in
    ------and 35 to 45 mph wind gust with near blizzard conditions

------------let it come, because when it snows it snows green payup payup ----------------

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREEN BAY HAS ISSUED A WINTER
    STORM WARNING FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM
    SUNDAY TO NOON CST MONDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN
    EFFECT.

* SNOW WILL ARRIVE IN EAST CENTRAL WISCONSIN SUNDAY MORNING. THE
    SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES SUNDAY AFTERNOON INTO SUNDAY
    EVENING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 13 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.

* STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO 35 TO 45 MPH WILL CAUSE
    CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON
    INTO SUNDAY NIGHT...LEADING TO NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT
    TIMES.

* TRAVEL WILL BECOME EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS ACROSS THE REGION ON
    SUNDAY. THERE MAY BE CONSIDERABLE AIR TRAVEL DISRUPTION AS WELL.

6. wastedwages

wastedwages Junior Member

I only plow my own place. But my son plows commercially he is sitting here with drool running down his face. And dollar signs in his eyes. He is an absolute snow nut, plowing, snowmobiling he lives for those two. Me I can take it or leave it, as I get older more toward the leave it end.
    Good luck to you guys and have a safe plowing event.

7. Bamboopro

Bamboopro Junior Member

In Milwaukee and the snow is just starting. Should be a good time.

8. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

it started here 30min ago and there is already a 1/4in of snow and everything :D

9. Bamboopro

Bamboopro Junior Member

Man, nothing I love more than shovelling wet, heavy snow around with hail/rain coming down on my ass. Needless to say a good time was not had.

10. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

we got about 13in hear what did other people get?

11. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Officially we had 17.5" here at our airport I guess. I did end up with some 6' drifts in our lots. Wanted to get some pictures but that didn't work out during the storm or the mornings pushes. Oh well...I did get some pictures of our push backs with the 7430. I'll post them up soon.

12. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

13. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Wow, one more "Big one" coming Tuesday night/ Wed. 6"-10" of wet heavy snow is what I have been hearing. I just hope it's not like last weekend and fizzle out the day of.

14. KC9MDQ

KC9MDQ Member

It's 6:30 am ,In Marshfield , extreme north end of Wood County , southern border of Marathon County , we have 2-3" right now , and it's still coming down. NWS figures it'll peak around 11:00 am , and I'm stuck I n my day job driving a wheelchair bus around the city ! GRRRRR ! In hindsight , the condition of my plow is scary . ( See my "New A-Frame Needed" thread in the Western discussion and you'll see what I mean ! :O