1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin Snow Storm 12/11/10

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Johnny Bravo, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

Thought I'd put some pictures up for everyone that's eager to see some snow. I never thought I would believe NOAA, said we could get 14-20" with 22" locally, looks like they are right. Went out at noon to plow and let's just say it took way too long to get it finished, I was not expecting so much snow and there's still more to come.

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

wow nice pics...how did you do that motion picture?

You prob will not see a storm like this for a very long time
  3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Great pics........Also loved how you motioned the first pic!
  4. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

Yeah it has been a very long time since we had a good dumping of snow, I can't even remember the last time we got so much in one storm. Think I might end up getting a sled this year lol.

The motion picture is an animated gif. It's 12 pictures, made them all the same size then used I used http://www.makeagif.com/ to put them all together. I used the faster animation speed so it would play better, I was plowing slower then it shows though.
  5. Naudi2u

Naudi2u Member

johnny what part of the state are located? I am located in Scandinavia Wi just east of Stevens Point. We had about 8 on the ground and now its drifting. No use even trying to plow right now. Last big storm was early Dec 2008 , we had 18" then.
  6. calforce5ive

calforce5ive Junior Member

Yea Im from Eau Claire WI

and i went out to plow at about 4am this morning roughly about 6" on the ground then.

now its up to about 18 and not spos to stop untill about 5am tomorrow with a grand total of 26" expected

needless to say il be out all day tomorrow because i have some skid steer work to do all afternoon.
  7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

send some 300 miles south to chicago
  8. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Great Pics, Love the animation
  9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Animation is cool.
  10. alex94

alex94 Junior Member

My family is west of you guys in the twin cities area and in prescott, wi. They say they have gotten about 15" right now and supposed to get another 4-6 throughout the night!
  11. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

I'm in Jackson County, right on the line and north of where they said it was going to be the heaviest snow. I just went out to check now and we have about another 12" on the ground and it's starting to drift a bit. Looks like even more is on the ground then when I plowed the first time, bad thing now is that it looks like it's packing and sticking better.
    Looks like I'm going to be heading out to plow again :nod:
  12. Naudi2u

Naudi2u Member

I was a nice guy tonight. Someone was stuck on the street byto my house at 10 pm.

I had the tractor in the garage and went and pulled them out. The street is drifted ~2' deep. Not real cold but windy and snowing. Don't want to see the temps in the am.
  13. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Wish we got all what you have, it started raining about 2 pm, stopped about 12am, then switched to snow, so we'll see what we get.
  14. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Lets see some pics of this beast of a blizzard
  15. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

Here's a few more from the second time out, I do think we got around another foot of snow. The windrows were getting so big, about 2 or 3 feet high, I just gave up and started pushing it off to the side and into the woods. I'm almost out of room to put all the snow, the yard is nothing but snow piles. More pictures to come later on :)

16. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I just got done pushing some snow myself. This is by far the worst storm we have had in years. It is cold out, but the snow is packing with the wind. It will take a few days to clean this up.
  17. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Great Pictures fellas!!! Wish it would make it to NJ, Best of luck with it guys!
  18. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I am jealous. Nice pics.
  19. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Post office in Oakdale, MN. The drift you see along the building is directly over the front entrance walkway.

20. alex94

alex94 Junior Member

Talked to my uncle that plows residentials in the city. He said he had been up since 0300 this morning plowing and it was miserable. Hod gotten stuck 7 times today since there was so much snow. He also said that there is too much there is no where to push it anymore!