1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wirning questions for western unimount

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by crazyhickboy03, Sep 19, 2012.

1. crazyhickboy03

crazyhickboy03 Junior Member

I just bought a mount and wiring off of a 01 chevy 2500hd 6.0 truck. I have a 03 chevy 2500hd duramax. I was told the wiring harnesses are different. What do I need to make it work on my truck? My blade is a western unimount 9ft. Thanks for any help.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Just the headlight harness is different. All you have to do is switch the wires on the headlight plugs........one truck is + switched and one is -. Flip flop the wires on each plug and you're set.

Hope that makes sense

3. crazyhickboy03

Okay, so do I switch the wires on the truck side or the harness? It it just as simple as taking the weather pack connection apart and switching the two wires for both the drivers side and passanger? thanks

4. crazyhickboy03

anybody else? bump.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Sorry. Yes, on the plow harness. Look up Western #27780/8438 and #27480/8437-1 diagrams. Youll see they are exactly opposite of eachother color wise.

6. crazyhickboy03

sounds good. thanks for the info!!

7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

x2 had to do it to my truck as well. My plow was originally on an 02. Like got-h2o said, all you have to do is pull the pins and swap the wires and your good to go!