1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by cet, Nov 1, 2009.

1. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I wired up my plow that was removed from an 2008 Chev 2500. I put it on my 2009 GMC 2500. First off headlights are a PITA to remove. I don't have a manual. I didn't know which way the headlight connector went. On the low beams there is the same color on the blizzard harness as the original so I hooked that up to match and then put the high beams the same way. Hooked up the running lights and parking lights. There were 2 red wires in the wiring from the module. I put both of those to power. When I first checked the truck everything worked perfect. I few minutes later I checked it and the headlighs would flash with the signals. I unpluged the headlight harness and put it back together and it all worked fine again. I can move the headlight tower without moving the wiring and make the headlights flash like signals when the signals are on. Without any lights on or the truck on I can make the module click by moving the light tower just a bit without moving the wiring. Anyone have any ideas. Could I have a broken wire inside the head light wiring for the plow.
    Sorry for the long post. The guy who's truck this came off left for Florida today.

2. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

pry got a short somewhere. if not, it wired wrong.
    good luck

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

the 2 red wires are for the turn modules sounds like a bad ground is this power hitch 1 or the new style

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The plow is a 2003. Last year the guy bought a new mount and wiring with the module for a 2008 Chev. It has the old Blizzard plug and the 2 light plugs. I connected the 2 small red wires to the battery and 1 wire from the solenoid to the battery. I doubled checked the head light connectors to make sure I had the common the right way. When I have the light tower on tight it works fine but I can move the tower and hear the module click and the lights go out.
    I phoned a broker today to try his light tower and he told me his lights do the same thing. His plow was brand new last year and installed by the dealer on a 2008 Dodge.

5. muskoka sandman

muskoka sandman Junior Member

Sounds like a bad ground wire to me. The one thing I hated about the blizzard plow was the light tower and the 2-pins that held it in place so I drilled a couple holes and bolted it tight.

6. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

where is the ground the large black wire hooked up at????? it should be to the battery gring the paint at the hitch where the light tower and undercarriage meet and it might solve the problems for you

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The black wire is on the battery. It is new so the connection is perfect. Is the light tower supposed to act as a ground. If I jamb it in tight everything is good. I need to drill 2 new holes in the tower. Because it is from an 03 it is so close to the hood that I can't open it with the tower in the pins. I was going to bolt is so it would never hit the hood.

Thanks for the input.