1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Rpennell, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Rpennell

Rpennell Junior Member

Can you change the plug on a old Curtis Plow to the new style? Or do you have to change the harness
  2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If you have one of the original single plug set ups there is no repair ends I am aware of. You have to replace both harnesses to the newer style. And they are not cheap.
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

4. kofkorn

kofkorn Junior Member

Repair ends on Ebay

I upgraded my single plug to two plug this fall. This guy (Kinggmparts) on ebay has the ends for relatively low money:

The power connectors are actually the same connector reversed (just pay attention to polarity). They are used on Boss plows also and are fairly inexpensive. The connections are colored the same and it was a straight swap. Immediately after wiring the truckside harness, I connected to my Father In Laws newer dual plug 3000. It worked perfectly.

The only issue I ran into was that I had to run a separate ground wire on the plow side for my older 3000 single plug. For some reason on the older plow, the ground isn't tied in. I've used it this winter without major problems.

I do have an intermittent issue with the float function, but since it works most of the time I don't think it's an issue with incorrect wiring.

Good luck!