1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dove33, Oct 27, 2011.

1. dove33

dove33 Junior Member
    from SEPA

First off I am new to western so pardon my ignorance. I have a wiring harness for my truck that has a 12 pin hook up for the pump and a 2 pin for the battery. I am looking to run a unimount MVP. do I need a special harness or is western like boss where the wiring works for both straight and v blades. Thanks for any and all info

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

From what I can see in the schematics there is a difference between the MVP 12 pin and the straight blade 12 pin cables. With the MVP harness you can put an adapter on the controller plug and run an straight blade but you cannot make an MVP work with a straight blade harness. The MVP has six coils so it needs six wires to run them whereas the straight blade has only three coils (to magnatize the valves) so it has only three wires to the controller. That is why you can run a straight blade with the V plow cable, it just doesn't use the extra three wires. So to answer your question you do need to change the control harness.

3. dove33

dove33 Junior Member
    from SEPA

I have a 6 pin controller hook up on the harness that I have. So am I correct in assuming this will work for an MVP ? thanks for the help.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Six pins at the controller plug means you have the straight blade cable and can NOT run the MVP. The unimount V blade would have quite a few more wires than six.