1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring whelen vertex and lin3?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fordmstng66, Nov 13, 2010.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

wiring whelen vertex and tir3?

I am installing my whelen vertex on my gmc K2500 in rear of truck my question is, can I tie both lights into each other in the back, and get away with just running on cable with the power,ground,sync and pattern wires to the cab, or do I need to run them seperately? I am just trying to save time from having to run a lot of wires. I am also planning on putting my tir3 under the tailgate, and would like to do the same if I could. Thanks in advance

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  2. phen440

phen440 Junior Member

the sync wires on all 4 need to be connected to each other

as far as the power and ground you can get a ground in the back and just run a single positive back to them

3. fordmstng66

Thank you that saves me a whole lote of money in wire, not to mention time

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

you cAN get away with a number 16 for main power feed. i run the ground wire from the cab back and ground in the cab

5. NSRoadEng

NSRoadEng Junior Member

I installed vertex in each reverse light and 2 tir3 on each side of the license plate and sync-ed them all together. One vertex with opposite tir3 alternating. They look and work great.

All same wires connected together, ground to frame and just ran positive to cab.

6. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

What kind or what gage wire to use for led strobes??

7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

what i do is get 3/8 loom and make a harness going up front with both positive and negative

8. fordmstng66

Thank you everyone for the good ideas, kitn1mxcc I like the idea of the 3/8 loom, I plan on running extra power in the back for some back up lights that will make it very easy.

9. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

check out waytekwire.com they have everything you need,