1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Whelen Responder Or Any Bar To The Cargo Switch

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kelpike, Feb 13, 2008.

1. kelpike

kelpike Junior Member

Has anyone hardwired the Responder Con3 or any light for that matter to the cargo light in bed of truck? Full size 95 Chevy. The cargo light has its own switch, but you have to turn the interior lights on to power that switch I guess. I would like to have the cargo switch activate my lightbar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

really i didnt know that
  3. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

One of my good friends has done that.. What he did was pop the lens off of his 97 chevy and drilled a small hole just big enough for the wiring. He told me he sealed the space around the hole with some clear apoxy and just wired it with a quick detach coupler... According to him the wiring was extremely easy, but ill ask him again and get back to you!
  4. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Ive done it on my truck works just fine:drinkup:
  5. kelpike

kelpike Junior Member

Is there a way to isolate the switches so I do not need to turn on the interior switch to run the cargo switch? They are seperate switches, however, the cargo switch only works when the interior switch is on. I guess its run that way, so you dont accidently leave the cargo light on while driving.
  6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I would think you could just pull the supply wire off the switch and hook a direct power up to it, that way you would need the interior lights on.