1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring western plow.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tecate1987, Nov 3, 2010.

1. tecate1987

tecate1987 Junior Member
    from pa

I am going to have to wire my plow to my 94 nissan truck.
    Is there any tips for doing this, whats the best way to figure this, Are the wires on the harness color coded usually or ??

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

if you have a harness specific to your truck you can go to western's web site and look at a wiring diagram

3. tecate1987

tecate1987 Junior Member
    from pa

I do not have a harness for my truck I have a harness.
    Do I need to cut the wires to my existing lights and use the light plugs or can I just splice them?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

a little more info would help. is the plow mount already on this truck? what harness do you have? if you are good with electrical it can be done but is tricky for a novice.

5. tecate1987

tecate1987 Junior Member
    from pa

the plow is now mounted to the truck,
    the harness was suppose to have been mounted on a late 90s ranger,
    I will try to get the harness info, or at least the color and number of wires,
    I can make my around wiring, might take some time

6. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

you'll have a bit of splicing to do in order to make the head light stuff work. like changing the head light plugs on the headlight harness to work with your truck and the plug on the plow harness that connects to the vehicle controll harness, which controls high/low beams. if you can get that stuff figured out the rest would work just fine,

7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

You will also need to pay attention to the wiring on the truck as the imports use headlights that are wired indipendently from left to right , the wiring is very light gauge going to each headlight and does not like to have one side disconnected and ran off of the other.

It might be helpful to provide any #'s on the "harness" you have as well as pictures if you can post them.

TOM