1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring western 8' pro plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RiverCityLC, Nov 2, 2013.

1. RiverCityLC

RiverCityLC Junior Member

So I just bought a 8' western straight blade for a decent price, but it didn't come with any truck side wiring...:/ I am pretty intelligent when it comes to a few things..but electrical isn't one! but I'm trying to learn! Anyways, my question is, I have drawn a wiring diagram, pictured below, that i believe with power the high and low beams of the western lights. Do any of you on here with a little bit of knowledge of these lights think that this will work ok? I understand that my truck lights will not shut off automatically, but I can turn those off manually so that is no big deal. Also please note that the running lights and blinkers will be wired into the trucks harness as you would with any plow. Thanks so much for the help, and feel free to make any suggestions!

IMG_20131101_233332_987.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You could prob get away with just one relay for low and high

3. RiverCityLC

RiverCityLC Junior Member

dieselss, i thought the same! I just wasn't sure how much power each relay could handle, I know my blizzard plow harness has 4 relays on it! I will have to check the specs on the relays and the western lights!

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Mine does as well. If your going to do this with your factory plow wiring there is an easier way.