1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring up signal wire to pump and wiring questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bmx2four7, Dec 12, 2010.

1. bmx2four7

bmx2four7 Junior Member

I am trying to install my first sonw plow this weekend as it snows all around me! It is a fisher speedcast snow plow model G. I have everything hooked up as to the specs that fisher sent me. I contacted them last week and they mailed me all the instructions they had for that old of a plow.

Where I am stuck is the signal wire and other wire off the back of the joystick. One of them is the signal wire i assume, and the other I assume to be a ground. So I hook either one up to the small terminal in the solenoid for the signal and the other to a good ground and I get nothing from the motor at all. The instructions don't cover much about the signal wire and wires on the joystick. If I put the joystick in the up position and jump the power terminal on the pump to the signal terminal on the pump I get the motor to run up and down. So i am wondering if I have a bad soleinoid or If I am hooking up the wires on the back of my joystick wrong.

I am attaching pictures of the motor and joystick. Disregard the small red wire in the pictures it is to something else the p/o of my truck installed. the small black wire is coming off the joystick and installed onto the signal terminal. The battery is hooked up and the other wire off the joystick is just grounded right now and I still get nothing out of the motor unless I jump the terminals with a pair of pliers.

any help is appreciated and if more info is needed I'll reply asap because the snow is falling and I wanna be plowing! Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bmx2four7

bmx2four7 Junior Member

3. bmx2four7

bmx2four7 Junior Member

Don't knock the mounting job to bad I was copying how it was mounted in the bronco it was in before lol.

4. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

You need to have power coming into the switch for it to fire the solenoid on your pump. If i recall one wire is 12v into the switch and the other goes to the small terminal of the solenoid. Doesn't matter which one goes where as long as you complete the circuit through the switch.Good luck, Roy