1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring up Cruise Lights on Justice bar?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BSDeality, Jan 15, 2009.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I'm hoping some of the lighting guys can shed some light on this for me. I picked up my Justice bar yesterday and want to start planning my wiring. I understand all the basic wiring but was wondering if I could wire it up for cruise lights? Ie, just solid amber. If I can, how do I do it?

I'm planning on getting a custom 5 Switch from awdirect to wire up the rest of the bar.
    1 - Front lights
    2 - Rear lights
    3 - Rear takedown/work lights
    4 - Left Alley Light
    5 - Right Alley Light
  2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

mini or full size if it is new the intructions are with it or check the whelen website
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

whelen doesnt have instructions published yet
    if it came with instructions they will tell you which color wire is the cruise light option if the bar has them
    then all you need to do is connect that wire to a switch and youre done
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

apparently my bar doesn't support it I guess?. I took the covers off this evening and there is only a hook up for the alley lights which I need to buy still. Didn't see any sync wires. There was a 3 pole receptacle on the circuit board, but no description of what it does in the manual.
  5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

where did you buy the bar
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

awdirect. its the towmans model
  7. John911

John911 Member

no cruise

Justice Towman's lightbars *do not* feature cruise light function.

Running steady amber, rear-facing, is not recommended/kosher.
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I was only planning on running the front lights anyways for cruise. no biggie though
  9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm just curious, as to what benefit or reason would a person want/need to run steady/cruise mode?

I'm sure there's a legit reason, I'm just not smart enough to figure it out on my own. :)
  10. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

it looks cool
    lol im not sure extra visibility in the middle area of the truck i guess