1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring UP a Western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gprx2, Dec 24, 2007.

1. gprx2

gprx2 Junior Member

Alright this is what I've got: 8' Western straight blade some wiring and a truck. To be more specific the plow is going on a 1992 Chevy k2500. The wiring that came with the plow consists of the main harness that goes from the controller to the solenoid, lights and then to the the plow ( all truck side) I may add that the wires that are suppose to go to the lights have been cut on this harness. I also have both of the harnesses for the pump and the power harness for the truck side. My main question is how do i hook up the wires for the lights on the truck side?? I read something about a "plug-in harness". Is this what i am missing? does any one know what part number i would need for my truck? and what all comes with it? Thanks for you help in advance and Happy holidays:)

2. gprx2

gprx2 Junior Member

One more question... what is the difference between Dual type 2B / 2D , Quad type LF & UF , and Quad composite type HB3 & HB4 headlamps. if i know this information I should be able to tell what harness kit to use.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

2B/2D = Large square glass bulb

LF/UF = 2 smaller glass bulbs side by side

HB3/HB4 = long rectangular headlight assy with one plastic lense that hold hi/low beam

figure out what headlights and B&B or i will be able to tell you what cross harness you will need.

4. gprx2

gprx2 Junior Member

Ok here is a picture of my truck headlamp set up.

92 light.JPG

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're HB3/HB4's.....

You need harness p/n: 61716 if it's a non DRL truck
    or harness p/n: 61586 with DRL's.