1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring up a pump.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gcfisher75, Jan 5, 2004.

1. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

I got a electric pump that is like the underhood setup, only electric, it has the 4 coils on it, well unlike the meyer's setup that has 3 coils, correct??? I was wondering how I can wire this up to my meyer's harness. or even make a new harness and use the existing meyer's switches. This being that the harness has only 3 wires for the meyer's setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

1-847-459-6363, advance 24hr plowparts,(24 hr when it snows) ask for jon, after 8 am,he will fax you diagram goodluck pt.
  3. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

some info on the pump..... MTE Hydraulics, it has Delta power hydraulics co. coils on it, and there are 4 of them. Model number is 2434 I got this pump for 50 bucks is that a good deal??? were they good pumps???? I've never heard of these types of setups b4 and am kinda of skeptical. some explanation of what goes on with the switches when they are operated. what terminal gets power when it's moved this way and that would be greatly appreciated.
  4. MSC

MSC Member

Just went through the same thing, your up/ down switch will work fine.
    You will have to get a a new angle switch with 6 leads on the back, the myers switch only has 5.
    You need that extra leg on the switch to control the fourth solenoid.
    This also means that you need one extra wire to control it.
    So you need one wire to control each solenoid, and one wire to get power from. You also need one wire to energize the starter solenoid to make the electric motor run.

Hope this doesn't confuse you.

5. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Sounds like the pump setup that came on a " Northern" plow.