1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring troubles

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JRS Landscaping, Nov 25, 2010.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

recently i bought a western ultramount undercaraige mount/wiring for my 05 dodge 2500. it was orginally on a 2004 dodge 2500. I put on the mount and now its time to do the wiring. i looked for instructions and it turns out to be fisher part numbers. its a 3 plug/4 port iso the pigtails for the lights are #26349 and #26354. i have not a clue what side they go on or what wires need to be spliced where. one has 2 wires that needs to be spliced in and the other has 1. can anyone help me. thank you :mechanic:

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The 26354 goes to the passenger's side. The purple wire in that harness splices into the passenger side directional.

The 26349 goes to the driver's side. The purple wire in that harness splices into the driver side directional, and the brown wire in that harness splices into the parking light circuit.

3. JRS Landscaping

Thank you very much. where did you find that info? i searched and searched and came up with nothing. :dizzy:

BTW whats the best way to splice them in?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simply follow the install paperwork. You'd be working with an 8436 kit.

BTW, much of Wester/Fisher truck specific wiring p/n's are all the same.

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I guess I've just done enough of them... :)

You can download the wiring instructions, and all installation instructions as well as parts lists, from the publications library on either Western's or Fisher's website. The wiring and hydraulics are the same for both.

6. JRS Landscaping

B&B thank youfor the kit number i made it to that page before i posted this but i couldnt figure out what the kit number was for me .

CI thank you again.

wires goin in tommorrow!