1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring roof mount on a 2010 GMC

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wkahler, Aug 22, 2010.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Was wondering the easiest way to get the wire from my roof mount strobe in to the cab to wire into a switch. I no i can get a wire in behind the seat but it will require me pulling my single seat out, which i will probable have to do in order to get my strobe cables into the cab, but not really decided yet!

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

far as cable from roof to inside of cab, i've seen guys go in through the 3rd brake light. personally that looks the cleanest. what i did was since all my lights are in the backrack i ran it through backrack tubing, down to frame rail and drilled out a 1" hole under backseat. then once all wires were in cab i sealed it shut.

far as running wires inside cab, you dont have to pull the seat out....run it in between the posts under carpet. that's how I did it on my '03....or even better is to run it from backseat -> under carpet -> rear of center console -> to the dash.

3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

How is the easiest way to run them through the brake light? I thought about that and was just concerned about the chance to have a leak?? I like that idea just want some pictures of possible some tips to make it done and look nice!

4. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

There are plugs under cab on the drivers side i took them out ran in there and then seal it up

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I thought about mounting it to the top and putting a weatherpack connector on it to take it off during the off season, but the wiring will still be there for the next year all i have to do is plug it in.