1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Reverse Lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pjnlandscape, Nov 4, 2010.

1. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

I want to wire a set of reverse lights mounted no my back rack to the up fitter switches of my F350, does anyone know how to run wires into the dashboard from outside?
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

There should be a few rubber, or possibly plastic grommets somewhere in the fire wall. Just run them truough there.
  3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Stay away from the cab area. If you have a tow package complete with a trailer light plug you should be able to grab power from the reverse lights there. It's already fused, no butchering of any factory wiring, and no switch will be needed. It's simple and dependable.
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

simple. pull the panel under the steering wheel off. above the emergency brake pedal there will be 4 wires. there is a tag on them that says upfitter switches. there will be 4 more wires in that area that say vehicle pass through.

open the hood and look on the right side of the brake booster. there will be 4 wires tied to the wire harness just up and to the right, or driver side. these 4 go into the cab as pass through.

there will be a bundle of 6-9 wires also taped together that say pto, speed, power, etc. DONT use any of those.

on 09 and older fords there is an oval plastic plug on the firewall just right of the brake booster. pop it out and drill all you want.

i assume you mean a super duty f350.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010