1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring questions.......plow not working after installing on new truck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rb8484, Sep 16, 2013.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Hey everyone
    I bought a new truck this year and am putting the blade off my old truck on it. The blade is an ultrs mount but is a relay 2 plug set up. I bought all new wiring to convert it to the isolation module. I have all the wiring installed and the controller wont light up. I cant remember if the blade has to be hooked up to make the controller light up or not. I hooked the blade up today and nothing.....controller still dont light up. Could I have the solenoid hooked up backwards? I have the red wire hooked up to power (the one that goes into the cab)
    I dont have the plowlights rewired yet, could that be the problem?
    Thanks for the help!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Plow has to be hooked up for controler to light up. Also do you have the little pwr wire in the cab tapped into accy pwr?

3. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Yup! I have the little power wire hooked up. Can the solenoid be hooked up wrong? Thats the onlynthing I can think of

4. dieselss

Solenoid has nothing to do with it. Might just be your lights need tobe wired in

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

If you have the little wire with the big eyelet hooked up on the wrong terminal that can do it. It should be on the battery side.

6. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I checked this morning and the little wire with the large eyelet is on the battery side. Could the 2 small wires on the seonoid be backwards or does that not make a difference? Ill get the lights wired on the plow side and see if that does it.

7. dieselss

No the 2little wires don't matter