1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mtk469, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Have a wiring question that I thought someone might be able to shed some thoughts on.

I have a unimount pro plow and broke a head light a while back. I picked up a pair of used lights all wired up and ready to go. Got them put on and everything works except the drivers side turn signal. I checked the bulbs and they seem to be fine althought the bottom bulb is a bit corroded in its socket. Any thoughts on why they might not working? It is a 9 pin set up. Probably something simple but thought I would check.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

have you tried changing the socket out with a new one?

Any broken wire inside the housing. Check the black/orange (ground wire) for any corrosion..

Did you check the gray wire (driver side) that taps into the turn signal for any corrosion at the splice?

3. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Twinman,

I am going to swap the socket out on the morning and see if that helps. While I am at it I will check the gray wire and black and orange grounds as well. Thanks for the input I will let you know how I come out.
    Matt

4. twinman326

Good luck...Keep in touch on how everything went...

5. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Got em working. The sockets were real corroded so I ended up replacing them and going through all of the grounds and other connections to make sure that they were all up to snuff.
    Thanks again.
    Matt

6. twinman326

Glad everything work out for you.......Happy plowing