1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MMM, Jan 7, 2010.

1. MMM

MMM Junior Member

I transfered mt 8' mm2 from my 05 dodge to 2010 ford f350. have 4port control need headlight harness for ford. dealer wan'ts me to replace whole control does anyone know if harness is available for 4port on ford. Would it be ok to cut plugs off dodge harness and hardwire to ford?

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Does the 2010 have the H13 headlights? What year Ford did the four port set up come off of?

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Shouldn't matter, there is no option for a 4 Port on the new Fords, and even if there were, the 4 port is the wrong one. You need to convert to a 3 Port 29070 (1) Green label, and you'll also need a new Headlamp harness 29049 for H13 lights. I think the 2B style were only on the new Steerling setups, but if you do have those then you will need 29051. You can keep your power setup & truck to plow light setup. Just a new ISO Module, & Headlamp harness will do the trick.

4. buddymanzpop

Why won't the 4 port H13 work? I see Fishers E-match only lists the new 3 port system.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can use a 4 port Iso. It's simply not recommended due to limited space constraints under the hood as its tough enough getting a 3 port in there. Even those you mount behind the driver side headlamp instead of in the engine compartment..

6. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

+1 Good luck with all that extra room.. LOL

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

As B&B stated, you can use a 4 port module. The one from the 2005 Dodge should be the correct one as well... white label #26400. If so, all you really need is the H13 plug in harnesses. #28242 for the passenger side, and #28244 for the driver side.

8. MMM

MMM Junior Member

thanks for all the help.

9. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

I have a 29049 and need a 29051. Is in possible to just change the contectors so that it plugs into my headlalmps? if not, is there a way to convert the 20949 without buying a new 29051$$$$$$$.

Thanks

10. buddymanzpop

You need a 28464 harness the part numbers you listed are for complete light kits which you already have some harnesses and do not need the entire kit, you would have no problem selling your 28986 H13 light harness from kit #29049. You're going from H13 headlamps to 2B headlamps.

11. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

I just checked with the Fisher deal, and they said that the 29051 was $212, and the 28464 is $150. If I just cut off the old connectors, and put new ones on will it work?

12. buddymanzpop

Go to Ebay, put 130454492267 into the search box and buy those $8 plugs cut them in half and splice them on and you'll be all set. You need both male and female plugs to make the conversion a plug and play. If you look at your harnesses you'll see male and female plugs, otherwise without the male plugs you would have to wire into the vehicle headlight harness.

13. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

That is exactly what I did, but it's not working. I was wondering if there are any other differences in the harnesses? I am getting Power to the left plow headlamp, but not ground, and ground to the right and no power. I hooked up the wires exactly ohw the are hooked up going into the plow headlamps as far as low/high/ and com. I am completly puzzled!!

14. buddymanzpop

Brad use an ohm meter and check for continuity to make sure connections are correct, also what year and model vehicle did this set up come from and what year and model is it being installed into. The headlight wires on the three port mod headlight harnesses are all labeled to what their function is.

15. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

It came off of an f150 mid 2000's not sure of exact year. Going on 04 Jeep wrangler. Yes, I hooked the wires up as labeled on them, and when all hooked up, the truck lights work, but when plow is hooked up and turned on, plow lights don't work.

I haven't spliced in the turn signals yet, but that shouldn't effect the headlamps correct?

Thanks for you help.

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming you don't yet have the parking lamps wire connected either then. For the plow headlamps to work the parking light wire must be connected. It's input is what switches the Iso module from truck lamps to plow lamps.

17. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Well, that might be my issue then!

18. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Well, that was the answer I was looking for. They work, thanks for your help. One last question, there are 2 wires with power going into the turn/parking light which one is for the turn signal, and which is for parking?

Thanks

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Grey should be L turn, tan should be R turn and black/yellow should be parking lights. Double verify these with a test light before making any connections as wire colors change mid year.