1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by x.system, Oct 25, 2009.

1. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Page 3
    http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/28561.04_052407.pdf

My vehicle side battery cable doesn't have the small black/orange wire that comes off the neg side (next to the battery in the pic). I have the other end though, do I need to snip that end off and run that to ground.

Another question, the single red that goes into cab with controller wire, where are you guys running that to on the GM trucks?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Clip the end from it and run it to the neg battery terminal. Same destination, just no connector.

What year GM?

3. x.system

x.system Senior Member

02..I was all over the fuse box and not one acc plug in there. I remember when you used to get 3 or 4 extra spots in the older GM's.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look in the dash fuse panel near the top for a fuse labled "SEO". If it's there use it. If it's not (not all trucks have it) then get your ignition power from the MBEC below the dash on the left side. Will be the top left hand plug, just to the left of where the trailer brake controller plugs into when adding a brake box. See this thread here.

5. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Thank you B&B, I do have the SEO, I was just under there looking around before I asked.

6. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Still have a problem somewhere so I am including pics. Maybe you can see something wrong here. Everything is wired, I've got power from the MBEC, bought a new joystick from a member so that should be good but the light won't come on and there is no movement. I've tried each plug and there is no power coming to the joystick. I also noticed when its plugged in that none of the colored wires line up plug to plug. The motor relay is also new.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

is there power going to the controller from the fuse tap still? all fuses in iso harness still good.
    notice i said still. may have blown one somewhere. the controller plug looks odd.

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

looks like the control plug is backward. i dont see how, but looks wrong.

9. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I havn't blown a fuse yet and I've been checking them every time I do anything. I just checked and I have power at both fuses on the harness.

10. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I have a Fisher plow, but wiring is all the same between Western/Fisher. I only have the handheld controller, but it won't turn on unless the plow is connected. I can't say if the solenoid box joystick is the same way, since I don't have one to try. Maybe?? Are you trying with the plow plugged in?

This applies to iso module systems. My older headlight-relay 2-plug Fisher would turn on regardless if the plow was attached.

11. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I did pull up next to the plow and plugged in the battery and pump plugs, I havn't mounted my lights yet so that plug is still empty.

12. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Thats what I thought but I thought I would ask before I messed with it. The green and blue are the only 2 that line up in the connectors.

13. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

Well don't feel bad I just whent thru the same thing did all the wiring thought that I did every thing right. Hooked it and NOTHING works can't get the controller to lite up. So I said uncle and droped it off at a local Western dealer, if you don't have it figured out by the time I get mine back I will make sure to ask what I did wrong and pass it along, Maybe it will help you maybe not.

14. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The colors between the harness side of the plug and controller side of the plug do not match color for colorexcept for the green and blue wires.

You need to have the plow plugged in for the controller to power up.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have 12V on the red/yellow wire in port #1 on the Iso with the ignition on?

How about ground on the black/orange wire at the controller plug?

16. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

It wont work. You've gotta have all three plugs hooked up for the controller to come on or even be back lit for that matter

I just went through this this weekend.-Still waitng on my lights too.

17. x.system

x.system Senior Member

port 1 has all red wires and 2 browns, 3 of the red have power with ignition on. 2 up top towards port 2 side and the middle bottom plug.

Also have ground at the black/orange wire at the controller.

18. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I'll check that next, I've got my lights just can't mount them yet.

19. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Plugged my lights in and everything is working except my plow lights. My running lights come on, truck side, but no headlights at all.

20. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Going to have to leave that to the pro's. The only thing I can think of is that the lights are grounded when you bolt them down- That doesnt make sense though.

At least we are heading in the right direction.