1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring question ?????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by macawpat, Nov 10, 2011.

1. macawpat

macawpat Member

A friend just got a western plow and wants me to help him wire it. Only info I can see is solenoid isomatic hydraulics on the pump housing. I have the wiring done from the plow lights and plow to the firewall but I want to make sure whats happening in the cab. It has a couple of power wires so my guess is to just run them to power dont want to set his truck on fire though and need some moral and tech support. Thanks Guys.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

So this unit has the lift cylinder intigrated into the pump housing right? Sounds to me like and Isarmatic uni-mount. Here is a link to the mechanic's guide. If this is not the right one post a photo or give more details and we can get you the right manual.

3. macawpat

macawpat Member

Everything is in the pump housing. Just two big plugs going into it. one from battery and the other is wiring for lights ect. I dont see the link to check it out though.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Oops, sorry I forgot to paste the link... Lets try again... http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/21936_121704.pdf
    If you have only two plugs then one is, as you said, from the relay to the motor and the other combines the lights and valve control power going to the three coils.
    On the truck side there should some relays that switch between truck and plow headlights and switch between high and low beams. There should also be one red wire that splits off of the control harness just before it connects to the controller. This should be tied into and ignition 12V source. At the headlights you should have to just unplug the lamp bulbs and detour them to the relays. There will also be three loose wires, two on one side and one on the other. One on each side will be for left and right signals while the third ties into the park light wire. At the big power relay there should be thee small wires, one goes on each of the two small terminals and the third (should have a big loop on it) goes to the hot, large terminal. That is the one that goes to battery positive. Hope this helps.

5. macawpat

macawpat Member

Tremendous help. Thank you so much.