1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring question minute mountII

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Blkshadow666, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Blkshadow666

Blkshadow666 Junior Member

Just installed plow with wiring harness on my 2003 GMC2500HD everything hooks up easy but on one side for marker lights and directional have just purple on one harness and on other have brown-purple-red.(May i add this second hand) I know purples for directional and brown for parking.... My question is can i run brown wire across splice in both and what is red wire for..its part of harness not added..:redbounce

2. Jwhite50

Jwhite50 Junior Member

There is one park lamp wire as it runs both internally. If the red wire is not part of the light harness and is on the control harness inside the truck it is ignition hot.

Hope this helps

3. Blkshadow666

Thanks//problem is the red wire is in the plow wiring harness that came with the plow. I have one that runs inside cab for the controler that i hooked up to fuse box but still have another that runs with the harness to headlights/parking exc any help on this would be great. THANKS again:bluebounc

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

is this a relay or iso system?

5. Blkshadow666

iso with module.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Should be a red wire that goes to battery side of plow solenoid.

7. dieselss

Ok. Best I can Guess as we only have Westerns. Either it is for drls or part if another wiring harness that you may not need

8. Blkshadow666

Thanks guys for the imput. I'm researching little more. Also the Red wire is a heavier gauge that i already have hooked to solenoid thanks anyway..

9. kimber750

May be for DRL's then but think that is normally pink.

10. dieselss

Yea. I'm thinking your correct. I did look at a few of ours at work. There was 2 red wires in the main lume that went to another lume maybe that was it?

11. Blkshadow666

True this is prob pink i just figured it was faded.When you say drl do you mean dealer.

12. dieselss

Day time running lights

13. Blkshadow666

Durr brain fart... Thanks again guys

14. kimber750

Sorry, just lazy and a bad speller so use abbreviations all the time. :help:

15. dieselss

Exactly. When writing a r.o. that no one is gunna read and you dont wanna wright it,,,,,,,abbreviate everything lol

16. Blkshadow666

Hey guys i got another question. I hooked plow up with plug and play wires all slots are in right place but wont give me low beam on truck. Also keeps blowing fuse in truck under hood. I read somwhere but can't find it now that you might have to turn plug upside down on low beam wires because common ground is backwards on 2003 trucks GMC. HELP:realmad:[

17. dieselss

The plow to headlight plug. Under your hood

18. Blkshadow666

Yup.. Update now everything works fine plow works great fuses dont blow But no low beam stays on highbeam all time with plow plugged in or no plow.Thanks for fast response..

19. Blkshadow666

Ya the plug under the hood. I guess i dont understand ya know pretty simple plug and play but dont seem work that way..

20. dieselss

What don't you get. It's the plow harness plug that plugs into the truck factory wiring