1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Question - Ford Ranger

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Brandon, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Brandon

Brandon Member

I looked on Western's website and figured the wiring harness for the Ranger, Bronco II, Mazda trucks, etc would work on my '97 Ranger. It's wiring harness 61590 I believe. I went to the local Western dealer and he says that they don't show anything for a '97. Is there any reason why this wiring harness wouldn't work on my truck? It doesn't look like there is a whole lot to wire up, so I don't see the problem, but let me know what you guys think. This is the first time I've put a plow on a vehicle.
  2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

what are you trying to wire up, a new plow or a used one?
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sometimes dealers just dont look hard enough....

I did check the selection guide for 2002 and and earlier and there is nothing listed for the ranger so thats probably why they told you that, but, instructions for a ranger are listed on westerns site under unimounts. Depending on which headlights you have it will either be the 61590 kit (61591 cross harness only) for the HB1/HB5 bulbs (halogen) or a 61545 kit (61546 cross harness only) for the 2B bulb (glass bulb).