1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Question..... BASHER?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by TomB...IN, Jan 3, 2009.

1. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

First off I would like to thank BASHER, and all the staff at Basher and Son for the help they have given me through out my adventure getting this plow rig up and running.

Now on to my question......I am wiring up my 25D plow to my truck. On the Solenoid I know which on the two bigger posts is which, but how do I know which of the smaller posts is which. One side will go to the negative post on the battery and the other is the double brown lead coming out of the harness. Does it make a difference which is hooked to which?

Thanks for all the help
    Happy Plowing

ps- I was thinking about making up a "metal plate" to mount under the hood and bolt the solenoid, breaker and what ever else on to. Has anyone ever done this ?
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

tom im not speaking for basher in this sensen...so he or a snoway rep would be the one to ask

but would i would do , is measure the theresistance ofboth of those posts against the metal framethe soilnoid sits on ... in other words.... the soilinoid might also chassy ground when it s mounted... so if you take a meter against both posts one might show a zero resistance which would indicate the ground terminal

if not... the i dont think it matters

keep this in mind,...i have seen a few soilinoids that ground thru the chassy... the1st post was a positive supply wire... the second was the trigger wire

in that case to double check that, the small post should not have any continuity between either big post. if you have one that does make your meter beep , then it islikely that that post is a supply feed to the conroler or what ever... sometimes it doesn need to be used

honestly u cant really hurt a soilnoid as long as u keep it on for only a second... so do the tests, and apply power when u are confident with your findings.... if not wait for basher or another expert
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  3. Upper5percent

Upper5percent Member
    from USofA

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707