1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring probles on older western 7'6" on a 2004 chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kegger351, Jan 4, 2011.

1. kegger351

kegger351 Junior Member

new to the site, found out about it from my father. my boss has a 2004 chevy 2500 and he bought an older wester 7'6".
    co worker and i put it on his truck and it worked fine, then he took it off and the lights would not work rite and the brites would flicker.
    but then its all fine when you hook it back up. cant figure it out any idea?
    i told him to get a boss they simpler. lol

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Then if the boss is simpler, then tell him to buy one..

Make sure the brown wire going to the driver side parking lamp is making proper connection.. Also check the relays to make sure they are clean and fit snug..Sound like the relays are not relaying to the truck headlight properly.. Also check the black/orange wire to make sure it is clean and grounded properly as well..

On the other hand, this is not a mod system and we are talking about relays???

Or is it a mod system because it is a 2004 truck???

which setup is it??

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  3. kegger351

kegger351 Junior Member

i dont believe it is a mod system? but he told me
    yeterday he hooked it up after we pluged the factory headlight harness back in
    and everything works way it supose to plow, lights, truck lights, high and low beams. now explain that one?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad connection. by unplugging and moving the wires around the connection that was loose was corrected.

explained.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Solid answer

I would say "bad connection" at the connector...Make sure they are clean. Use battery cleaner in both connectors (male and female), let it soak for a while, then use a air gun to blow out the dirt..If it looks nice and put dielectric grease on both connectors....Also check the grounds again to make sure they are clean and also use the dielectric grease..

Nice No lead