1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by uniquechev, Nov 13, 2009.

1. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

I baught a used mm 1 set out and the wiring was all taken out of the truck before i baught the plow. i found a home for all the wires except for 4 of them. I have 2 browns a red and a blue that seem to lead behind the drivers head light.

The truck is a 99 chevy 2500 pickup. Its getting close to the plowing season and i just want the truck ready to go. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated !!!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Still havent figured it out yet?

Where do the 2 brown wires come from, right out of the harness or off a relay?

3. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

haha ya still havnt figured it out yet... too stubborn to take it to the rip offs down the street cause it you need a bolt they'll tell u you need a whole new plow.

but the red comes out of a relay and the others from the harness

4. Crash935

The red goes to the blue wire for the DRL bulb which is the bulb just to the inside of the turn signal bulb.

The only other 3 wires that you could have coming from the harness are a purple which will have a bullet connector on it, grey and brown and the brown should go to a relay before it it goes behind the drivers headlight.

Do you have the schematics?

5. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

i have the website that you had posted for me last time i posted about this problem .

6. Crash935

7. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

thats still not showing me the colors that i have on mine except the red... i'll just have to break down and have someone figure out the wires thanks

8. Crash935

Dont make me drive over there.

Something is not right, your brown should be coming from the harness into the park relay and then back out of the park relay.

Do you have a grey and purple wire coming out of the harness? When i say coming out of the harness i mean out where the loom ends.

9. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

Hey Crash935 thank you for your help on the wiring ! i got it all done today and the plow works so i appreciate your help !!!