1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by scarey, Oct 31, 2007.

1. scarey

scarey Junior Member

Has anyone encountered this-I put my plow on my new truck-works great until I turn on the headlights or parking lights then the pump runs but the plow doesnt move-headlights work fine both truck or plow depending on the switch position.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Never had that one happen!:dizzy: What truck and what year plow? Was it a new or used install?

3. scarey

scarey Junior Member

the truck is an 07gmc2500hd classic,the plow is an 01 8ft. trip edge with smarthitch 1.I installed it myself from my 98 2500.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you use the light adapters from your '98?

You have the 11 pin harness with the six induvidual wires on the back of the head light switch right?

5. scarey

scarey Junior Member

yes I used the old wire harness-headlight adapters are the same part #,six wires onthe back of the toggle switch & it is the 11 pin harness.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, although the headlight adapters are the same between the '98 and the '07 classic, the '07 needs the newer 13 pin harness with the newer style head light switch in order to work with the adapters correctly.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Dang B&B I am going to you if I ever need any help. You know your stuff.

8. scarey

scarey Junior Member

Thanks B&B for your help again.Scott