1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by scugog19, Nov 11, 2010.

1. scugog19

scugog19 Junior Member
    from Ontario

I just installed a western 7-6 steel blade on a friends truck ( the wiring was already there) and i hooked it all up and found the motor was seized, so i replaced the motor and put it all back together and it still clicks, i put a volt meter on the solinoid, its only getting 3 volts at the trigger wire. I just vibrates when you try to fuction the plow. I have checked all the connections and grounds,

NEED HELP!

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

hook a set of jumper cables to the vehicle battery. take the other end negative and put it were the ground wire hooks to the motor. touch the positive to the power stud and see if it runs.

if it does, touch the positive clamp to the solenoid and see if it runs.

you can get my phone number from the facebook link below.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. scugog19

scugog19 Junior Member
    from Ontario

it does run, if i put power to it, it also runs if i jump the solinoid with a jumper wire, but from the controler, nothing. it just vibrates putting out about 3 volt because the solinoid isn't opening fully

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

does the solenoid have ground on the orange/ black wire? if yes i would try a new solenoid.

5. LON

LON Senior Member

12V at the exciter wire post? I've seen where a :gunsfiring: scotch lock cut the ignition wire strands down enough to only allow 6V to pass through