1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring problem.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Oct 31, 2010.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, so today I thought I would put the plows and make sure everything is tip top. Well, I have a problem with the straight blade. I have no movement in it at all. I did earlier in the day, but on my way home from my girlfriends house I have nothing. I have all headlights and right blinker only. If I go to use the left blinker it stays on and does not flash. Also if I go to move the plow in any direction the left blinker comes on and does not flash. I can only lower the plow. My truck side harness is a 13 pin and so is the plow. The truck side harness is the 4 relay harness. I am thinking it has to be one of those gone bad. Also I would like to add my controller is a vee joystick. If I use the hand held straight blade one I still don't have anything. Any thoughts? Thanks in advanced.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have a weak ground somewhere between the truck and plow. So go over all the connections on the power cables including pulling the pump cover and check/clean/tighten the cables everywhere in between.

The relay pack is mostly in charge of lighting duties. Only one has any bearing on controls and if you can at least lower the plow that relay is sending power to the controller so it must be at least reasonably ok but double check all those relay connections while you're in there as well.

Also check the small gauge brown wire in the under hood harness. Should be connected DIRECTLY to the negative battery terminal. Be sure it's clean and tight.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I will do that right now and get back to you. Thanks B&B! I really appreciate it.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

A ground on the trucks battery. I never would of guessed because the truck started and ran fine.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good you caught it now as it would've only been a matter of time before it began affecting the truck too.

You'd be surprised how many truck issues are discovered once the plows are back on for the season. Everything from electrical issues to suspension/steering problems and that's why it's so important to mount up early. :drinkup:

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Oh I know, thats why I did it this weekend. I figure its only getting colder so its only a matter of time before the white gold starts falling.