1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring problem update

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by scarey, Nov 1, 2007.

1. scarey

scarey Junior Member

what I found was where I tapped in for power inside the truck had enough of a voltage drop when headlights were turned on that the controller didnt have enough voltage to work,thanks again to everyone fro your help,hopefully I'll be able to help someone else out,Scott

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Scott, what exactly did you have the power wire plugged in to? I've been looking over the diagrams some more here and the only way I can see the old style harness working on the '07 is to disconnect the ground inside the light to prevent a back feed condition through the relay pack....which would cause the blk/wht wire on the solenoid to then have power in it with the light switch on since it would also back feed through the controller...

3. scarey

scarey Junior Member

B & B, I had it plugged into the "upfitter" plug under the dash,next to where the trailer brake controller plug goes.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The upfitter connector port can give you issues depending on what you connect to it and how it's wired..a better approach (and the one GM recommends) is to use the ign hot terminal in the SEO connector outlet..Here's a pic of it..you can use one of the two pins that are circled in red..check them both with a test light..one or the other will be hot in the run/accessory position...

New Picture.JPG

5. scarey

scarey Junior Member

B&B,that is exactly where I ended up getting power from that solved my problem,thank you again for your help.