1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring problem on snowex spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by pfisher, Jan 5, 2005.

1. pfisher

pfisher Junior Member

I probably should have posted this here first, (rookie mistake). I just finished mounting and wiring my Snowex 1075 salt spreader, (and it doesn’t work), I am not sure of the wiring. Does anyone know what the small single plug on the back of the D6230 controller gets hooked to, if anything? I have checked all 4 main wires from battery to controller to spreader and all work. I have direct tested the motor on the spreader and it too works. where can I find a wiring diagram. I am grateful for any help.

2. blizzardplowman

blizzardplowman Junior Member

3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

This might sound a bit silly...but....

Did you plug the wire harness into the control box ?

Did you turn on the power switch at the control box ?

Next...... Does the control unit come on ( LED & back lite) when you turn on the controller ?

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

You should have a Positive (+) for the battery, a negative (-) for ground, and a switched 12V source for power. The rest of the wires should run back to the spreader.

Also check your fuse/circuit breaker for the controller. Somewhere there is some type of fuse or breaker. Probably 30-40 amp.

5. OutdoorSupplies

OutdoorSupplies Junior Member

The small single wire gets connected to your fuse box, try to find one that is only "live" when the key is turned on. The rest is really simple.

6. pfisher

pfisher Junior Member

Thank you all for the replies. I did finally get the right answer. The small wire is for a feed from the ignition. I got thru to the folks at snowex and they have told me that if the power light comes on, and there is feed to the small terminal on the controller and the display does not light up, the controller is shot. So I am off to get a new controller. Thanks for the help