1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring porblem ford/proflo 2

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JJ's Services, Nov 16, 2005.

1. JJ's Services

JJ's Services Junior Member

Just picked up new proflo 2 all installed except cant figure out the instructions on the Yellow and Orange wires that run under the sterring wheel towards electrical box for the third brake light on the sander. Says to hook up to chmsl or chsml relay. not sure which relay it is or how to hook the wires up when i find it and plug relay back in. any help would be appreciated.:nod:

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

The yellow wire is to run an accessory such as a light. You do not use that. Orange goes to your brake signal. Anywhere there is a positive 12 volts when you hit the pedal. CHSML Is for Center High mounted brake light (on the hopper). Not sure if those are the exact letters but that is what it is for.

3. JJ's Services

thanks for the reply, I will try that. another question if i splice into the brake pedal line say for the trailer tow electric brakes will the light on the spreader come on at half light with the parking lights . Or do i need a jumper for that.

4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

wires

I have the speedcaster 2..I grabbed the brake light off the trailer plug in the rear of truck..You need to watch tapping in the front, as it can affect the airbag operation..I have not hooked up the accessory yet.would be nice to have a small tractor light on the top of hopper to show the sand spread pattern..

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If you tap into the feed line going into the brake controller from the brake pedal you will be alright. The light will burn at the right brightness since you are picking up a 12 volt signal when you apply the brakes.

6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Crash

Yes, thats what I did.

You should have a pigtail plug for electric brake controller in your glove box. You can connect to the switched positive from that. I have a brake controller hooked up using that pigtail, so I just spliced in.

7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Ooops, maybe not. I have a GMC...Ford may not give you the pigtail. Although I know Dodge does.

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yeah, ford does send a pigtail, usually in the glove box, probably wont find it there unless you bought the truck brand new, every used truck ive ever been in its already gone.

9. JJ's Services

yah 2004 ford i bought it new should be in there thanks. Anyone with the speedcaster or proflo2 do any modifiying to the spread pattern. Mine throws sand\salt heavy to the drivers side. Would like it to throw even about a foot on each side of the vehichle