1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring nightmare with monarch pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Joe62, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Joe62

Joe62 Junior Member

Anyone know how to wire an under hood mount electric/hydraulic monarch pump,model#is wore off.It's has 6 red wires and 2 white ones.The harnass
    has red,brown black,yellow,green and blue/green wires.Been fighting with this for a while,about ready to scrap it and go back to a four wheeler with a plow.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you try a search. I thought someone else asked that a bit ago
  3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I recall someone posting a diagram a while ago. Do a search.
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

We had issue with one, I sent it out came back as nothing was wrong with the pump, we had switched it out in the meantime. I remember our was a "negative to excite" system, not what I was looking for when I was trying to find the issue.
  5. Joe62

Joe62 Junior Member

monarch junk

Thanks,searched and found what I was looking for.checked the diagram with the truck,and it was wired right,so i'm off to go buy a 4 wheeler with a plow.
    truck and plow headed for scrap.Best way to get rid of a headache.Lesson
    learned,never buy someone elses "jewels"they are ALWAYS junk.Thanks for the help.
  6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Might want to put the pump in the used section. Post and post a pic.
  7. Joe62

Joe62 Junior Member

Thanks but already made call to scrap plow and truck.picking it up tomorrow am.no more Detroit vehicles for me.
  8. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Don't worry, you'll be making that same call about your 4-wheeler in a few months.

All equipment needs to be maintained. Its too bad that there are so many people who throw things out at the first sign of difficulty. Somebody's going to sell that truck and somebody else is going to get several years worth of service out of it.
  9. Joe62

Joe62 Junior Member

Doubt it, truck was not road worthy when I got it.just a plow vehicle.the plow was bought from some one I
    should of researched first.Burnt once,learned a lesson there.I plowed for years with a 4 wheeler never
    had any trouble just general maint,change a cable every couple years.I will buy new with a warranty. No more
    dealing with misleading people trying to pawn off there junk.
  10. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

sorry for your loss. All my equipment is junk, it works great!! lol. You'll find new junk breaks just as much, if not more than old junk.