1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring new plow.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CHRISB2006, Nov 20, 2009.

1. CHRISB2006

CHRISB2006 Junior Member

Hello everybody I am new to this site. I found it while searching for a new plow. I am going to be installing myself a Fisher HD 7-1/2' on an 06 Dodge Ram 3500 Desiel. I have a question. I am pretty mechanically inclined and I was wondering how hard or it is to do the wiring in the truck? I am buying it from Donavans in N.H. and he said it is pretty easy to do but after looking at the instructions online it gets me nervous. Am I just being paranoid?
    Any input would be appreciated.

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I am going to ask the obvious question before everyone else... Why only a 7'6" plow on a one ton dodge???

3. CHRISB2006

CHRISB2006 Junior Member

I did not feel the need for an 8'. I am mainly going to be using this for my 2 drive ways at home 150' + 100' and a smaller parking lot @ work maybe 120' x 120' one big sguare. Plus I saved $200.00 by going with the 7-1/2' instead of 8' and about 70-80 pounds. I do not plan on doing commecial plowing. I am getting it for $4050.00 and no tax in NH.I am installing.

4. Brad Ent

Brad Ent Junior Member
    from CT

Make good connections, follow the installation instructions and use plenty of zip ties

5. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

How much would they have charged you installed? The price you have been quoted is pretty close to what we get 8 footers installed here for. An 8, HD is about $4400 installed in Hartford.ussmileyflag And then the dealer handles the wiring. Just a thought...

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I was about to say, Lang's in Rye, NH is getting about $4400 for a 8' installed too. I would just let them do it and get it over with. Atleast you know it will be done right and have a professional look to it.

I assume there handing you ALL of the wiring & Push plates to do your own install? Chances are your going to have to put the plow together too unless they pre assemble there stuff as it comes in. It comes as a 4x4 pallet and a 8' pallet with the blade on it.

You really should go with an 8' especially on that truck. Commercially or not you'll wish you had later this season. 7 1/2' is too narrow. 70lbs or 80lbs isn't anything for that truck.

Good Luck

http://www.langscornergarage.com/ Tell Paul Ryan H. sent you.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  7. CHRISB2006

CHRISB2006 Junior Member

I paid $4050.00 and 20.00 for the hydraulic fluid. They wanted $300.00 to install it. Yes it did come in many pieces and no it was not that hard to put everything together. The 8' was 200.00 more. Everything went great even the wiring and it took me 3 hours on Sat. and 7 hours on Sunday. But of course I did not have the fluid I had to p/up today @ lunch time. I will be putting it in tonite. As for the look it does look proffesional as I am very picky with my truck. No hack jobs here.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Good to hear, Congrats! We look forward to the pics.

9. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

way to go. Nothing like doing it yourself

10. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

We are very proud of you! :drinkup: