1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring my snowex

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RhinoL&L, Jul 24, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

I just bought a snow ex mini pro 575 and dont know if i can run the wire through the truck and hook everything up. Has anyone ever done this? how hard was it and how long does it take?
    thanks shawn

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Haven't done a 575, but I have done a couple 1875's and V-Pro 6000s. Not much to it, basically laying on your back running the cables to the front of the truck and to the controller, It's important to route the wiring using lots of plastic cable ties, so there's no chance of the cable rubbing on something or getting baked from the exhaust pipes. You have to run power from the battery to the controller, and also a separate 12v source (fused and switched to power the controller. You may have to drill a 1"-1.5" hole in the firewall to route the cables through, make sure there's a grommet to prevent chaffing, most trucks with the plow prep pkg have a hole already installed at the factory.
    Take some time to pick a location for the controller that will be easy to reach when you operate it.

Bill