1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring melt down, help please!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nps1, Nov 20, 2010.

1. nps1

nps1 Junior Member
    from Syr

I plugged in the harnesses (3 wire set up) for my 1 yr old pro plow and a few seconds later noticed nice white smoke coming from under the hood. The part that started the melt down is numbered 29859? and is about 3"x1" in size with a plug on one end. I don't know what this
    part is or does and what would cause it would melt? Plow worked fine all last season.
    Any insight to what this part is and what may have caused this would be greatly appreciated.

2. jdio121

jdio121 Junior Member
    from ohio

pt# 29859

thats the relay module assembly, western says it cant handle the amps and they have a 3rd revision module with a rubber end as well as a new wire harnes that splits into 2 with 2 relays on it

3. jdio121

jdio121 Junior Member
    from ohio

also if you just unplug it you can run system fine but without low beams, only the highbeams work

4. jdio121

jdio121 Junior Member
    from ohio

update part# is 28027-2 and will fix for good