1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring lights on F250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Banger, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Banger

Banger Member

I'm trying to help my cousin do his install and I 'm not to good with wiring.So could use some expert advice:)

I hooked up the plug connectors for the lights but have a few loose wires that need a home. Also the way I had it.. Wrong of course.. they were very dim when lit and no lights at all when trying to use high beams. His factory lights when the plow was not on truck, work just fine.

So this is what I have from the plows wiring harness that needs a home.

Driver side...1 Grey & 1Brown wire
    Passenger side...1 Purple

What colored wires do each of these connect to?

Thanks

EDIT: His truck is a 01 I think.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Banger

Banger Member

The way I had it hooked up and everything worked except the high beam. Brown to Brown (parking) and Grey to Left Turn Signal and purple to right Turn signal.

When I have it this way the plow lights seem very dull and I have zero hi beam. When not hooked up the hi beams work fine on his truck.

What wire is for hi beam?

Help appreciated

3. Banger

Banger Member

Parking and Signals work like they should or so I think.Maybe a bad relay? Not really sure how to test for that.Sure thought this is how I had my own F250 wired up!

4. AEI

AEI Member

NO sounds like you have it wired up right. Sure thats why your truck also works lol. I bet your high beam pin/connection on one of the relays has come loose. Unwrap it and check it out :nod:

5. Banger

Banger Member

AEI you nailed it :bluebounc Sure as *****- once I removed the 2 miles of electrical tape, it was not even close to being on. Guessing with all the grease it had on it... it loosed up when the last guy wrapped it up. That moron would be me lol! Serves me right for not dbl checking my work carefully and just assuming it was good to go:angry:.

Case closed thanks to AEI

6. BGehl

BGehl Member

I have had the same problem (no highbeams) ever since i had my plow put on by the shop three years ago. I never took care of it so i am sure they would charge me now if i took it back into them.

Can anyone give me the "Idiots guide" to trouble shooting high beams? Should i just follow the wires as they leave the plow and check everything they connect to? Or can you tell my my questions that i should have a pro look at it. I have a unimount pro plow on a 99 F250.

thanks!