1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring issues 13 pin harness 9'2 boss v smarthitch 03 2500hd

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by srb88042, Mar 31, 2013.

1. srb88042

srb88042 Junior Member
    from usa

I have everything in the truck but I am outrageously confused on how to wire up the solenoid

I have bought this solenoid

I currently have run power from the battery to the solenoid at the 9 o clock position on the left, and have hooked the pump power cable in the same spot, I have the pump ground wire to the battery. I have the brown solenoid ground at the 6 o clock position (bottom small lug), and the black / wht on the 12 o clock top small lug)

The keyed accessory is hooked up the fuse box by the drivers knee on the 4wd fuse, and the only other red wire is wired right up to the bat.

I cant get the damn plow to move what gives?
  2. srb88042

srb88042 Junior Member
    from usa

there is currently nothing connected to the right side (3 o clock).
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have the battery cable and pump power cable on the same stud (as per your description) the pump should be running all the time. So I'd guess your description is skewed a little and you need to better clarify.

You also need four wires on that solenoid or it won't work either.
  4. srb88042

srb88042 Junior Member
    from usa

I think for whatever reason the BCM might be shorting out when the plow is all hooked up. The truck wont start the lights wont shut off, the starter just clicks and the alarm goes off randomly.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you considered taking it to a professional?
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

BCM seems like an awfully big word for this conversation.....
  7. bartz118

bartz118 Junior Member

You need to have the positive to the pump on the 3 o'clock position. and the power from the battery on the 9 o'clock. It shouldn't matter if they are reversed.
  8. srb88042

srb88042 Junior Member
    from usa

got it working, but now the smart hitch system on the plow will not raise.