1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring issue?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 1969 Hemi RTs, Nov 7, 2011.

1. 1969 Hemi RTs

1969 Hemi RTs Junior Member

have a 8' ultra Mt. strait blade. wired it and nothing! checked fuses. looks to be in great shape. nice harness. clean connections. is the relay bad? I have no power past the relay. Thx in advance.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

First you have to verify that the ignition wire going to the control harness is actually getting 12V when the key is on. Next check that the small wires at the power relay are in the right place. There should be three small wires. One goes on each of the two small terminals and the third (which should have a large loop on it) goes to the hot side of the relay so it is connected to 12V all the time. Next check the two fuses near the isolation module, one is for the park / turn on the plow and the other is for controller power. They should both be hot all the time, if not then you have a broken wire or that third wire at the relay is not connected to the right lug. Finally, you have to check all the ground interconnects throughout the system. The first one is very near the main relay and battery. The second is where the control cable ties into the headlight harness near that square plug just after the fuses (on the three plug system) and the last one is between two plugs at the isolation module. If these grounds are not connected then the isolation module will not recognize the presence of the plow and will not light up. If you have the new multiplex two wire system then there is only one ground interconnect at the isolation module. Hope that helps.

3. 1969 Hemi RTs

1969 Hemi RTs Junior Member

I did find the problem. It was the 12V wire that energizes the hand held remote. I had the wire on the wrong 12V leg.switched them and it worked perfact!.But I must have the wrong wiring for my dodge 2005. this plow is off of a 2006. Ram W plow 002.JPG

Ram W plow 002.JPG