1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring in sander and light bar today

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by daninline, Feb 8, 2010.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

So I'll take some photos as I go along.
    I'm going to start off with # power wires right from the battery and try to find a good place to enter the cab with all the wiring.
    ... more to follow later maybe I should setup a web cam LOL

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Make sure you fuse those # power wires. :)

3. daninline

daninline Senior Member

all ready in place 30 amp and I took the fuse out while wiring :)
    I better get back out there

4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Also make sure you have rubber grommets or equivalent to protect the wires where they come through the firewall. Cut wires are no fun. It is also worth it in my experience to solder the joints (you can crimp then solder) as they won't corrode if they are soldered. Not important for the connections in the cab, but the connections out in the weather (especially with salt) will suffer if they are just crimped.

5. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Well got done around 5 today and I always use the rubber grommets, I also didn't do any splicing of any wires outside of the cab.

lots of fun :D

I mounted the switch box by using 2 longer screws for the little hook thing the F250 has on the lower dash.

I also sealed the grommets with some sealer and painted any place that I moved the grommets at all.

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Here's some more

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

7. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Here's a video of the bar with all the lights on and tested :)
    I got the back rack for free from a dealership I help out sometimes it was from a Dodge pickup so it's a little short on the F250 but I like how it looks on the truck, lets me keep the lightbar nice and low on the truck.
    I also made some mounts for the lightbar and the stake mounts for the back rack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqN3ymHN618

now it's time to get ready for the storm I'll have to post some pics with everything on

8. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Looks good-you do nice work.

9. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Thanks I like having wiring nice and clean, even the wiring under the rug I might redo, I like all the wires to be inline don't ask it just bugs me.
    One time I wired one of my drag cars and you could follow the wire front to back they were all layed out and color coded :dizzy:

I know I used a lot of red wire but being laid off I used what wire I had so it cost me about $20 to do the install :drinkup: just in time for a big storm

10. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Looks good ! Oh and was the scratch off a winner?? hahahaha