1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring In LED Work Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DeereFarmer, Aug 9, 2010.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I've been looking at buying a set of these LED work lights. First of all, are they worth the extra cost? Second, would I need to run a relay on these or because they draw so little amperage I can just run them straight off the reverse light wire?

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

They work great and I have run them off straight current with no problems... I have 2 on my salt spreader and I added 2 grommet mounted ones as backup lights in my bumper...

3. DeereFarmer

Sounds good. I'm going to mount two on my bumper for loading trailers at night. I'm going to put them on a 3 position switch.

4. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Which lights are you guys using?

5. DeereFarmer

6. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

NO DONT BUY THOSE!!!!!! :realmad:, lol

If you want LED flood lights, buy brand name. Sound Off has been the leader in LED flood lights for quite a while, and I personally own them so I can back them up. I will guarentee that these lights, which are CHEAPER than that one your looking at will provide over 100% more light output. Trust me, you cant go wrong with any of these choices I will provide. They have a 3 year warranty and guaranteed 100000 hours of operation. The website I provide is very reliable and respected among the lighting community, so dont be afraid to buy from them, I have bought many items from them before. I hope this helps and hope to hear back once you get a set :D

http://www.sirennet.com/soewla1000dbdf0w.html

http://www.sirennet.com/soewlc1400tbds0w.html

7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

mine are very similar to the sound off light.....those are a very good deal

8. DeereFarmer

Thanks for the links. I really like those. How did you mount yours? Did you run a relay or ?

9. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

I use these on my ATV, so on the racks there are pre-existing 3/4 inch holes in the rear of the rack. The mounting bracket bolt fit perfectly in the hole, although getting it off was alot trickier with the tiny bit of room I had to get the wrench in. I did not use a relay last year. But, this year is a different story, since I have learned alot more about wiring than I had known last year. I am going to add a relay since I have over 10 LED lights on my atv. It will make it easier on it and easier to install. I take my lights off in teh summer but I will be putting up a video this fall of my new setup. Hope this helps, and please, PLEASE, what ever you do, dont buy that light you originally posted, buy the 1400 lumen one I posted. You will not be un-satisfied.

Chris

10. DeereFarmer

I'm going with what you say for sure. Yours looks a lot better. Thanks again.

11. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

You wont be disappointing :D