1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring in a new controller?

Discussion in 'Universal PlowControls' started by superior-carp, Nov 20, 2010.

1. superior-carp

superior-carp Junior Member

I have a Sno-Way 25 Series plow with down preassure (but D.P. don't work) I have the switch control box and I would like to install a new control. My question is... Can any controller work and has anyone wired up a different manufactures control and if so how?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You want a differant type control or you want to get your DP working? Are you sure it is the control?

3. superior-carp

superior-carp Junior Member

No I want to install a hand held controller like with the newer plows. I know that they won't plug and go so I would need to wire the new control. The reason I said the down presure don't work is that I thought this may make it easier to wire in a new control that uses gravity down. Let me know if anyone has done this and how.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Will not work, the fenner pump you have works entirely differantly then the Monarch SMO-1 pump the new control is designed for.