1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rusty8, Nov 9, 2008.

1. rusty8

rusty8 Junior Member
    from iowa

Hi everybody. I'm new to the site as you can tell. I need to tap into your knowledge of
    Chevy trucks. I installed a Unimount onto my 1993 K2500 and am having trouble with
    the lighting connections. It came with the plow package. My question is, is there a
    harness or connector to hook to or if not could someone tell me where the headlight
    relays are? Thanks, Dave.

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I'm slightly confused :confused:

The relays I think you are talking about are in the actual plow harness...... there are 2 of them, one for high and one for low.....

As for how to hook up the headlights to the relay, check the manual, it tells you exactly how to do it. Make sure you have the correct light harness though...

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. rusty8

rusty8 Junior Member
    from iowa

Yes, it is a used plow. I didn't get any electrical stuff with it so I bought a front 9 pin harness
    and made a controller. The plow works but now need to get the lights to work on the plow.
    I'm just not seeing where to find the headlight relay or if I can cut into the truck wiring. Any
    ideas? Thanks.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buy the rest of the harness and the proper adapters

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

7. rusty8

rusty8 Junior Member
    from iowa

Thanks, I was trying to get by cheap until I knew if the plow worked. Since it does and like
    you say I might as well make my life easier and get the full harness. Thanks again, Dave.