1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring help!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowman_25, Nov 10, 2012.

1. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

2008 f350 diesel....trying to figure out which wire to splice for turn signals and parking lights...

i think black and purple is the turn and yellow is the parking lights....can anyone confirm this please

2. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i have changed my mind...I think black and purple is the turn signal, but purple and white is the parking lamps.

3. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I don't know about the 2008 but my 2011 has a parking lamp in the headlamp assembly that does not include a signal wire. I used that to determine which wire is which!

4. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i also have separate turn signals and parking lamps..... i have black/purple, yellow, and purple/white in the turn signal, and black/purple and purple/white in the separate parking lamp. so which would be the signal and which would be the park lamp?

5. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

anyone.........

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Ahhh, your over thinking it. Dig out a test light, turn your turn signal on, and find out which is which....same with park lights.

7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't subscribed.

The black/purple should be be the ground. Purple/white would (should) be the parking lamp as it is the same in both lights. I'm not sure if you mean you have a solid yellow but the odd man out would be the signal wire. The colors should differ from driver to passenger but the same theory applies!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  8. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Test light will work but I couldn't find mine so I used the power of deduction! It would have taken me longer to find the test light!

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Not to be a jerk.....but why ask then?

10. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i found the test light this morning and everything is hooked up and ready to go! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys!

11. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I didn't ask, I was responding to the OP who asked. I simply explained how I figured out which wire was which! My response to you was just that, a response! I would assume that the OP didn't have a test light either or he would not have asked the question! Thumbs Up